Insomnia Relief Tips
Insomnia relief tips will help you to avoid insomnia. Good sleep habits, also called sleep hygiene, can help you get a good night's sleep.
Insomnia Relief Tips
Here are some Insomnia relief tips:
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol late in the day. Caffeine and nicotine are stimulants and can keep you from falling asleep. Alcohol can cause waking in the night and interferes with sleep quality.
- Get regular exercise. Try not to exercise close to bedtime because it may stimulate you and make it hard to fall asleep. Experts suggest not exercising for three hours before the time you go to sleep.
- Don't eat a heavy meal late in the day. A light snack before bedtime, however, may help you sleep.
- If you find yourself lying awake worrying about things, try making a to-do list before you go to bed. This may help you to not focus on those worries overnight.
- Make your sleeping place comfortable. Be sure that it is dark, quiet, and not too warm or too cold. If light is a problem, try a sleeping mask. If noise is a problem, try earplugs, a fan, or a "white noise" machine to cover up the sounds.
- Try to go to sleep at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning. Try not to take naps during the day because naps may make you less sleepy at night.
- Follow a routine to help you relax before sleep. Read a book, listen to music, or take a bath.
- Avoid using your bed for anything other than sleep or sex.
- If you can't fall asleep and don't feel drowsy, get up and read or do something that is not overly stimulating until you feel sleepy.
- Take a warm bath. It is a great way to relax your body. Use bath salts such as Epsom salts and baking soda. These will relax you and also help remove toxins from your body.
- Get a massage with your partner just before going to sleep. The massage strokes should be slow, gentle and firm to work the tension out of your muscles and soothe you to sleep.
- A glass of warm milk 10 minutes before going to bed will relieve your nervous system.
- An illuminated bedroom clock is a source of light that can be extremely irritating if you are having a hard time getting to sleep. Therefore avoid illuminated clocks.
- Drink a cup of herbal tea as they contain natural ingredients which will help you sleep.
- Rub your stomach as it soothes down the digestive system and brings about a deeper relaxation. This will also improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Deep breathing allows us to use our entire lungs providing more oxygen to our bodies, and stimulating and revitalizing every organ and cell in our bodies. It is the probably the most efficient way of relaxation and for a good night’s sleep.
- Just lie on your bed with your eyes closed and imagine something peaceful which makes you relax and drift off to sleep
Insomnia relief and help tips provided here will help you to get a good night’s sleep.